Kansas City Southern Railway Crew Resources Manager in Kansas City Missouri United States
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the efficient management and movement of train and engine crews utilizing the Auto Crew Call system. The employee also will arrange lodging and transportation for crews with hotels, motels, and taxi companies, as well as, assist in building the training and development programs in the crew management department.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior railroad experience preferred
- Prior call center or customer service experience preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs
- Must have strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong human relations and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Handles all Auto Crew Call exceptions
- Performs, executes and manages the Auto Crew Call system to support the transportation plan
- Applies transportation and lodging vendor programs and agreements related to train and engine employees
- Handles hotel and motel exceptions for crews; uses the 3rd party vendor to provide hotel options
- Works with taxi companies to transport crews between the trains and their lodging facility
- Issues bulletins and abolishment notices for train and yard jobs
- Communicates with employees that want to lay off for various reasons i.e., medical emergencies, unscheduled leave, etc.
- Facilitate daily and monthly reports
- Monitor and regulate crew boards at each location
- Assists in building the training processes for the Auto Crew Resource employees
The duties, responsibilities and qualifications in this posting are representative categories to be used by an applicant in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general guidelines do not constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential functions of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.