Database Administrator - Kansas City, MO
Accountable for designing, building, implementing, and maintaining database structures. Ensures service levels are maintained, problems are resolved in a timely manner and project status is communicated to supervisor. Possesses a general understanding of database technologies
* Bachelor’s degree required (computer science preferred)
* 5 + years of database administration experience
* 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008
* 3+ years of experience with DB2/LUW
* Prefer experience with Data modeling using products such as Erwin and Enterprise Architect SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server and DB2/LUW data replication and IBM Optim products for DB2/LUW (Performance Manager, DBA, Query Tuner, Fast Upload) and the Linux operating system
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Advanced knowledge of data modeling, database design, and database administration.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Performs enterprise and project data modeling and demonstrates general knowledge of data modeling concepts and techniques.
* Responsible for database design, development, and administration of large scale operational and data warehousing systems using Microsoft SQL Server and IBM DB2/LUW.
* Installs Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2/LUW, and Oracle data base software.
* Works with management to implement a strategic database architecture direction.
* Uses tools and design techniques to ensure database architecture meets established corporate service levels. Monitors overall database performance, availability, and integrity.
* Establishes and builds a secure database environment which meets service level agreements.
* Works with application developers, users and data team to meet corporate service level goals.
* Examines ways to continuously improve processes, architecture, and database designs to improve service levels.
* Installs database changes into development and production environments.
* Assists developers in creating physical database designs.
* Develops recommendations for data base standards and develops database backup and recovery procedures.
* Supports Oracle data bases for purchased applications.
* Participates in weekly on-call rotation.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Kansas City, Missouri, United States