Section Laborer - Texarkana, TX
Section Laborers work as members of a gang to perform routine and non-routine track and roadbed maintenance and repair, including installation of rails, ties, switches, ballast, and other track materials, using hand-held equipment and tools, including power tools.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Valid Driver's License
* Manual labor experience in an outdoor environment required.
* The candidate must be able to work in a team environment, and possess verbal and written communication skills sufficient to coordinate work and relate track conditions to co-workers, typically via telephone and radio.
* Prior railroad experience preferred
* The section laborer position entails primarily shift work, but section laborers may be called upon to work non-traditional shifts, in all weather conditions, at any time in a dynamic 24 hour, 7 day week operation, including weekends and holidays when necessary.
* Extended travel may be required.
* UNION MEMBERSHIP: Track laborers may be required to join the union. Monthly union dues will be deducted from the employee's paycheck.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position. Questions about the collective bargaining agreement, if any, governing the position described herein should be directed to the appropriate union organization.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Texarkana, Texas, United States